Monday, December 29, 2008

UPDATE...

As promised, I said that I would update about my mother's response to the pregnancy! She was, let's just say, less than thrilled. It actually went a little better than I had expected. I thought she may cry or freak out. She just told me that I needed to be prepared and that I needed to take care of myself. She said that I was in for a big responsiblility and that I was an adult and that she can't say anything anymore. To be honest, not exactly the response that you want to hear from your mother when you are telling her YOU ARE PREGNANT!!! But my mother has a fancy way of making things about her. I love her, please don't think that in anyway that I am disrespecting her or being hateful. I am just venting about how she makes me feel. anyway, there was no asking of how i was feeling or anything! I know my parents are exactly happy that I am having a baby out of wedlock but still!

When I got off the phone with my mom I just cried! I just want her to be excited and start planning! I want her to give me advice and help me out! I know eventually it will get there! But it just makes me sad that they spend so much time judging and worrying about how they feel instead of enjoying their children and their grandchildren. They miss out on so much because we all feel the need to prove ourselves to them and that just makes me sad! So in the end I told her and my dad and I am relieved! Now the process of them excepting this will start and we can get past it so I can enjoy my mother while I am pregnant!

On the other hand.. My sisters are very supportive and Jennifer (my middle sis) answers all my questions. She is 13 weeks pregnant and so we are going through this together! I'm glad I have someone who can share this with me! My bestest Vanessa is also pregnant! She is almost 6 months! So we will def have babies that will be besties like us! I can't wait!

I am anxious for my doctors appt! I still have 2 weeks! So I will continue to keep you updated! Happy New Year!

God Bless,
Kells

No comments:

Post a Comment